[MPlayer-users] Compile errors on OS X 10.5.2 with Xcode 3.0 and x264 or faac enabled

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 29 17:55:25 CET 2008

dandjo at gmx.at wrote:
> John Brown wrote:
>
>> dandjo wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, already done and yeah, it works.
>>> There's another problem: MPlayer doesn't show any OSD (even not with
>>> --enable-menu). I mean that stuff that normally appears when pression
>>> a cursor or the shortcut for the volume. Do I need an extra library for
>>> that? Thanks!
>> You need freetype2. Fontconfig (so you can say -fontconfig -font "OCR
>> A Std") is useful too.
>
> Isn't freetype already included in OS X?
> I compiled MPlayer with:
> ./configure --with-freetype-config=/usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config --enable-menu && make && sudo make install
> How and where do i add your proposed lines? Thanks!

Does it say in configure.log that freetype2 was detected? What version of
freetype2 do you have?

You are sure that "/usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config" exists and works?
Are your freetype headers and libraries on the directories specified by
"/usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config --cflags" and
"/usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config --libs"  ?