[MPlayer-users] Compile errors on OS X 10.5.2 with Xcode 3.0 and x264 or faac enabled

dandjo at gmx.at dandjo at gmx.at
Fri Feb 29 20:38:12 CET 2008

John Brown wrote:

> dandjo at gmx.at wrote:
>>
>> John Brown wrote:

>>> You need freetype2. Fontconfig (so you can say -fontconfig -font "OCR
>>> A Std") is useful too.
>>
>> Isn't freetype already included in OS X?
>> I compiled MPlayer with:
>> ./configure --with-freetype-config=/usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config
>> --enable-menu && make && sudo make install
>> How and where do i add your proposed lines? Thanks!
>
>Does it say in configure.log that freetype2 was detected? What version of
>freetype2 do you have?
>
>You are sure that "/usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config" exists and works?

"/usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config" works.

>Are your freetype headers and libraries on the directories specified by
>"/usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config --cflags" and

"/usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config --cflags" gave me:
-I/usr/X11/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11/include

>"/usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config --libs" ?

"/usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config --libs" gave me:
-L/usr/X11/lib -lfreetype -lz
-Wl,-framework,CoreServices,-framework,ApplicationServices

My config.log attached. What do I need to do? Thanks for your help!
Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with compiling tools or libraries.