[MPlayer-users] A question about `playlist'

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Feb 29 22:45:48 CET 2008

Philip Walden wrote:

> Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>> Hi to all Mplayer users.
>>
>> Suppose that I want to do:
>>
>> $ mplayer -playlist <filename>
>>
>> , but that I want to start not by the first video of the list but,
>> say, by the seventh: is it possible, and how?

Not as far as I know. Might be an interesting addition, though.

> and is there going to be a repeat and/or random (shuffle) mode?

Do '-loop' and '-shuffle' not work as you're expecting when passed a
playlist? (I haven't tested them, I don't have a multifile playlist
immediately on hand and I don't care enough to build one just for this.)

--
    The Wanderer

    My usual .sig is on vacation while I adjust to my new computer