[MPlayer-users] Twisted picture (line scan or frequency problem?)

jupiter.hce at gmail.com jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 02:09:36 CET 2008

Hi,

I am play the mplayer on FC 5, it works fine with some DVDs. But it
does not work with others, especially for those DVDs I borrowed from
local libraries (VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.VOB, I guess MPEG2 format). The mplayer display a twisted picture with 3 columns repeated the same contents and the line flashed.

It seems to me that the problem is related to set up line scan or
frequency, how can I adjust them? I tried to use key w and e as
suggested from the manual, but could not get it work.

On my command line, I simply called following:

mplayer -fs dvd:////media/disk/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB

Thank you.

Jim