[MPlayer-users] A 1:1 rendition, please

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Thu Jan 3 19:47:54 CET 2008

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> and that's why I changed the
> standard to monitorpixelaspect=1 (I'm still curious why it hasn't always been).

Oooh, I know this one :)  Some commonly used resolutions on 19" CRT's (I
think 1280x1074 was an example?) produced a slightly stretched image
(the 'pixels', on that screen size at those resolutions, were not
square).  End result is, before widescreen LCD's became the norm,
assuming 4:3 monitor aspect produced more accurate image for more
people.  (monitors were made in 4:3 proportion, but the XGA resolutions
greater than 1024x768 are *not* 4:3)