[MPlayer-users] playing live fetch files

amit bag amit.bangalore07 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jan 8 07:36:36 CET 2008

HI ALL,
            I am developing a utility that fetch the video files from the server .I use the udp socket to fetch the files from the server .I made a play list in that list when the enter key is pressed the corresponding file starts fetching from the server at the same time it play the file .I initially wait for some time to play the file after fetching so that some part of the content is fetched to the local system .But depending on the network the fetching speed vary some time, if the mplayer play the file and the speed of fetch is decrease then there must be a situation that the mplayer not wait to fetch the remaining part of the file and it abort after playing the file what ever copied to the local system .So I want that the mplayer should wait if the fetching speed is slow and the mplayer goes beyond the fetching containte .If there is any option to do so please tell me .I want to know the option of pause the mplayer when the player reached the threshold .Like in the
 youtube site the video files are buffered and played simultaneously .But when the play reached the buffer position it will wait for some time so that the buffering is increase and it starts playing again .I also want to do so .

Regards
Amit Kumar Bag