[MPlayer-users] DVB stream including LATM AAC Audio issues

Steven Ellis lists at stevencherie.net
Wed Jan 9 04:56:10 CET 2008

>> > here's a very first & dirty version, but be warned that:
>> > a) it's supposed to work on a very limited subset
>> > of the possible formats: the one supposed to be used
>> > in DVB
>> > b) if it works (not for me: too little data to work on)
>> > it's almost a miracle :)
>> > c) it's not even remotely in the right format: the
>> > best choice is patching faad
>> > d) use only the internal faad, or compilation will break
>> >
>> > If you test it on some (possibly long) sample you will do
>> > me a favor; patches welcome :)
>>
>> forgotten patch attached
>
> something is beginning to work with parse_latm() in
> libmpcodecs/ad_faad.c replaced with the attached version.
> Sorry, I don't have time for a formal patch

Thanks.. Looking a lot better now. Problem is your patch didn't apply
cleanly due to a missing declaration for dec2. I modified one line in
libmpcodecs/ad_faad.c as follows to get the compile to work, but can't be
sure what your declaration was

static faacDecHandle faac_hdec,dec2;

On my test samples playback is a lot more stable now, but I'm still
getting quite a lot of errors as follows. Note that the audio is correct
with the odd click on each error.

INITOK: 0, sr: 48000, channels: 2, bits: 27
framelentype: 0

DECODING 244 FAILED, error: Gain control not yet implemented
INITOK: 255, sr: 48000, channels: 2, bits: 27
framelentype: 0

DECODING 338 FAILED, error: Maximum number of bitstream elements exceeded
INITOK: 255, sr: 0, channels: 244, bits: 0 ??,?%
framelentype: 0

DECODING 309 FAILED, error: Maximum number of bitstream elements exceeded
INITOK: 255, sr: 0, channels: 244, bits: 0  7.1%
framelentype: 0
INITOK: 255, sr: 0, channels: 244, bits: 0
framelentype: 0

DECODING 339 FAILED, error: Array index out of range
INITOK: 255, sr: 0, channels: 244, bits: 0  5.4%
framelentype: 0

DECODING 406 FAILED, error: Maximum number of bitstream elements exceeded
INITOK: 255, sr: 0, channels: 244, bits: 0  5.7%
framelentype: 0
INITOK: 255, sr: 0, channels: 244, bits: 0
framelentype: 0

DECODING 327 FAILED, error: Maximum number of bitstream elements exceeded
INITOK: 255, sr: 0, channels: 244, bits: 0  5.7%
framelentype: 0

Steve