[MPlayer-users] create fifo file for interace

amit bag amit.bangalore07 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jan 10 13:58:21 CET 2008

HI All ,
            I want to know how to create a FIFO file to interface with mplayer .In the mplayer man page there is
  &#8722;input <commands>
  file=<filename>
  Read commands from the given file. Mostly useful with a FIFO.
NOTE: When the given file is a FIFO MPlayer opens both ends so you can do several ’echo "seek 10" > mp_pipe’ and the pipe will stay valid.
  I want to know how to create that fifo file to communicate with mplayer .I am using windows system .I want to give some interaction to the mplayer at run time through my program .Is it possible through the FIFO file .Can I give the command to the mplayer at the run time .Please tell me how to create the FIFO file and use it to communicate with the mplayer at the run time .

Regards
Amit Kumar Bag