[MPlayer-users] Does the video decode need to decode something each time?

boku boku0712 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 06:53:33 CET 2008

Hi,
    I'm writing the wrapper between MPlayer and the video decoder such like
vd_xxx.c
I have some questions about the buffer and flow control. Say if the vdo
decoder can only start to decode after he gots more than one NAL frame's
bitstreams. What does the wrapper need to do?
Can it be done that wrapper returns something that can tell mplayer to keep
going to put more streams down to wrapper?
In dev_video.c::decode_video(), it seems always wants wrapper to return mpi
back to it.
        mpi = mpvdec->decode(sh_video, start, in_size, drop_frame);
What can I do to make Mplayer know that I need more NAL streams downto
wrapper so that decoder can start to decode. It doesn't seem drop_fram or
skip frame situation.
Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,
boku