[MPlayer-users] lavcac3enc=1 Crashing mplayer

Matthew Nichols mjnichol at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jan 11 08:41:35 CET 2008

I applied the patch... and seems to work perfectly now! Thanks very much!

And I really appreciate the filter overall. Now that E-AC3 decoding is
working (for HDDVD/Blu-Ray), the filter allows me to turn the E-AC3 back
into AC3 and sent it via SPDIF to my receiver.

For example:

mplayer -channels 6 -ao alsa:device=hw=1 -af lavcac3enc=1 -fps
24000/1001 -demuxer lavf -aid 4 -ac +ffeac3
/mnt/win_d/HVDVD_TS/FEATURE_1.EVO