[MPlayer-users] FYI, mplayer with Fedora 8

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 15:01:58 CET 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 8:45 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski

> > Well, I went into the Add/Remove software and it was there.  This was
> after
> > a complete re-install of Fedora.
>
> That's impossible unless you manually added the livna repo to your yum
> configuration. Fedora doesn't have MPlayer in its official repositories.

I don't remember doing that, but maybe it was a question during the install.

> > > It works just fine here. What exactly was the problem?
> >
> > Giant flashing pixels and choppy sound when playing DVDs.  Worked
> perfectly
> > with AVIs and MKVs.
>
> Most probably you didn't install libdvdcss then.

Possible.  I let Add/Remove check out the dependancies and that might not
have been an official dependancy.  Probably wouldn't be.
--
Jack Smith

English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.