[MPlayer-users] Curves [Using OpenGL]

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Jan 15 19:23:39 CET 2008

Hello,
On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 07:13:23AM -0800, galenz at zinkconsulting.com wrote:
[...]
> Does anybody have examples of these files? Any means of converting
> from any format I could graphically edit/apply? (e.g. photoshop gamma
> curve presets or something)

It's been a long time since I tried, but in theory it's just a wx3 ppm
image, where the first line is the red, the second the green and the
last the blue gamma ramp (in each line only the corresponding component
matters, so in the first line the green value does not matter etc.).

> This is a neat function. I will have to see about enabling OpenGL
> output under Mac OS X when I build. It isn't enabled by default for a
> reason I have yet to investigate.

The reason being that the only way OpenGL is supported on OSX is via
X11, which Apple made sure is a pain to use.

> Also, I am intrigued by the customprog option - is there a chance I
> could get unsharp mask happening in the OpenGL layer?

If you don't mind a constant strength value of 0.5 and a (currently) to
me mysterious brightness reduction, use lscale=4 with latest SVN.
With -v mplayer will also print the generate fragment program you can
use as a starting point for your own programs, as well as the programs
in TOOLS/

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger