[MPlayer-users] Frame interpolation / frame rate doubling

galenz at zinkconsulting.com galenz at zinkconsulting.com
Thu Jan 17 10:55:42 CET 2008

On Jan 17, 2008, at 1:35 AM, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> Il Thursday 17 January 2008 10:27:17 galenz at zinkconsulting.com ha
> scritto:
>> Can mplayer do any kind of frame rate interpolation, increasing the
>> total frame rate of a video? Perhaps doubling it?
>>
>> A lot of TVs are doing this, interpolating frames, which improves
>> the appearance of some types of content.
>>
>> -Galen
>
> -vf yadif=1 should do what you want

How would this help with non-interlaced content?

Also, there does not appear to be any options for threading, and it is
too CPU intensive to apply to 1080i/p using a single thread. It
basically eats up 100% of one CPU and run in substantially less than
realtime.

Given that I have a quad core 3.2 GHz Intel system, there are
basically no CPUs with faster single thread performance out there, but
I have plenty of extra cores, so it would seem the only option to get
it going with 1080p would be multi-threading... and this kind of a
filter should be pretty easy to parallelize.

-Galen