[MPlayer-users] Help w/ compiling source

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 08:56:22 CET 2008

Richard Geddes pisze:

You have really mess with MPlayer video output.

> Can't open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory
> [fbdev2] Can't open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory

Are you trying to output video to framebuffer?

> VO: [v4l2] No such file or directory

Are you trying output video to usb camera/pci tv card?

> vo_cvidix: No vidix driver name provided, probing available ones (-v
> option for details)!

CVIDIX aren't working output for your graphics driver...

> [radeon] Found chip: Radeon RV250 If [Radeon 9000]
> [radeon] Video memory = 128Mb
> [radeon] Set write-combining type of video memory
> [radeon] DVI port has DFP monitor connected
> [radeon] CRT port has no monitor connected
> [VO_SUB_VIDIX] Description: BES driver for Radeon cards.
> [VO_SUB_VIDIX] Author: Nick Kurshev.

And I never could output video to the VIDIX too at both ATI and nVidia
cards.

So... play this file with:

# mplayer -vo xv movie.avi

and see if it's works.
If theres no trouble then edit file "/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf" and
serach for "# Specify default video driver (see -vo help for a list)."
line at the beginning. Just below this line you must have line with
"vo=xxxx". Change this whatever "xxxx" to "xv".

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/