[MPlayer-users] v4l2 output driver: outputting to a v4lvd device

Brian Jedsen jedsen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 14:44:20 CET 2008

Does anyone know if it's possible to use mplayer's v4l2 output driver to
feed video into a v4l2 loopback driver? I compiled and installed the
v4l2vd driver (http://v4l2vd.sourceforge.net/), but so far have not been
able to get mplayer's v4l2 output driver to write to the appropriate
v4l2vd output device. I'm using this command to capture video from my
web camera:
mplayer tv:// -tv
driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:width=320:height=240:fps=15 -vf
scale=128:96 -vo driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video6
and mplayer fails with the error "Error opening/initializing the
selected video_out (-vo) device." I've also tried the subversion
snapshot of mplayer to no avail. Anyone have any insight into this
problem? Thanks.