[MPlayer-users] Help w/ compiling source

Richard Geddes rich.geddes at verizon.net
Mon Jan 21 00:06:36 CET 2008

You are correct....  no xorg-dev package/headers.  I assume that these
packages assist ./configure to determine the code to include for mplayer
to use xorg.  I installed the xorg-dev and the libxv-dev packages... and
I now get a window that pops  up displaying the video... thank you.

I thought that xorg was for the gui version of mplayer.  I guess not.

Yes, this is my first go at compiling mplayer... I'll  improve my
feedback info as my understanding evolves.

Thanks once again.