[MPlayer-users] DVB stream including LATM AAC Audio issues

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Tue Jan 22 10:27:06 CET 2008

Il Tuesday 22 January 2008 01:06:32 Steven Ellis ha scritto:

> All of the channels have now switched to LATM encapsulated AAC and
> I hasn't kept any of my earlier AAC samples to test with.

broadcasters seem to follow only trends. LATM is much more heavyweight
to handle than ADTS; it should never be used in MPEG-TS, because it
doesn't make the slightest sense (one stream per pid gives enough
logical streams for any transponder) and it's too little
error-resilient

> Running through the NZ DTT test channels shows minimal issues
> except for one channel where it looks like the whole channel is in
> a mess and the encoder needs resetting.

collect and upload broken sample, please

> So I'm assuming now that you need to push your changes upstream to
> the faad2 developers for inclusion?
>
> Steve

I did, but I haven't received any feedback.
If dialogue goes on this way Iìll commit the changes
this week-end in mplayer's faad