[MPlayer-users] Slow down mplayer reading.

Michaël Cadilhac michael at cadilhac.name
Tue Jan 22 23:23:31 CET 2008

  Hi everyone !

  I want to use mplayer with an Apple AirPort Express ; this involves
using raop_play in a scary way.  The simplest one is to create a fifo,
and let mplayer output raw PCM in it while raop_play reads it.  The
solution proposed by the writer of raop_play is to create a character
device and a kernel module, so that the output in the device is seen as
an ALSA device, but the result is the same.

  Problem is, there's a buffering somewhere (I don't think it's due to
the character device), and pausing -for instance- the track on mplayer
takes 10 seconds to `take effect'.

  The simplest solution would be to slow down mplayer, so that one
second on the track is output in one actual second.  Any idea of how to
do such a thing ?

  Thanks in advance, and happy new year!

--
 |   Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac       |  Welcome to the end of                 |
 |   http://michael.cadilhac.name   |          the computer age.             |