[MPlayer-users] "a52: CRC check failed!" when playing some DVDs

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Jul 6 22:45:01 CEST 2008

Thomas Adam wrote:

> 2008/7/6 Paul <paul at 2.0websites.com>:
 >
>> *snip*
>> Warning a bug in libdvdread autogen.sh claims that libtool >= 1.4.x
>> is required.
>> This is incorrect, the script has an error.
>
> Well, with:
>
> ./configure --enable-dvdnav

That's almost certainly your problem. By enabling it, you override
autodetection (which also does things like add appropriate include paths
and linker flags to the compilation line) and force the build system to
assume that it will Just Work without any special effort. Try it without
that option and see what happens. When it doesn't work as expected, try
again with the '--disable-dvdread-internal' option, as instructed in
DOCS/tech/dvdnav-howto.txt.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.