[MPlayer-users] mplayer skipping on audio cd

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Jul 8 01:48:05 CEST 2008

Dale Harris wrote:

> So I'm a bit baffled.  I'm using mplayer to play an audio cd and it
> keeps skipping.  Basically, it appears to be reading, then player,
> almost like it doesn't have any buffer capacity.  How do I fix this?
> Setting -key-fifo-size to various sizes doesn't appear to work.

Have you tried the -cache option? (-key-fifo-size is used only for
buffering keyboard input, not for anything to do with playback.)

> version 1.0~rc1-12etch2,

This is far too old to get much support here, and in any case is a
third-party packaged version (and so not supported regardless). 1.0rc2
is not formally supported much anymore, but it is much more recent than
rc1. Please update to a more recent version - preferably, to one you
compile yourself from the latest development code obtained via SVN - if
you continue to have problems.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.