[MPlayer-users] recording at slow frame rate

Jeremy Sanders jss at ast.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 10 12:04:03 CEST 2008

The Wanderer wrote:

> I suspect it's just a matter of the software not being designed with
> this capability in mind. That said, there is something niggling at my
> mind which should make it possible...

I've had quite a bit more success with ffmpeg instead:

ffmpeg -f oss -i /dev/dsp1 -s xga -f video4linux -i /dev/video -vcodec
libx264 -acodec libmp3lame -ab 128k -r 2 out.avi

This seems to work with the video and audio in sync, though I need to test
if for longer periods. Unfortunately the ac3 sound codec doesn't work in
this setup, just giving empty output.

Jeremy