[MPlayer-users] MacBook Pro 10.5.4 odd compile warnings and strange behavior while compiling

Matthew Lindner ergzay at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 02:22:39 CEST 2008

MacBook Pro 10.5.4 odd compile warnings and strange behavior while
compiling

A relatively recent patch to the svn created several warnings and some
very strange compile behavior. Like trying to partially compile before
a make clean or make distclean goes through. The problem happened
beginning in revision 27307 so for the moment I'm using 27306 as my
base instead of 27327 till this is fixed. I can give you the make
warnings but other than that I'll need more direction for what other
info to give. These are the first things that appear after starting
any make (tested make, make clean and make distclean).

Makefile:843: warning: overriding commands for target `install-mplayer-
man-en'
Makefile:826: warning: ignoring old commands for target `install-
mplayer-man-en'
Makefile:844: warning: overriding commands for target `install-
mencoder-man-en'
Makefile:830: warning: ignoring old commands for target `install-
mencoder-man-en'

Just as info, this is unrelated but I am using, this error happens
with or without though:
export LDFLAGS+="-dylib_file /System/Library/Frameworks/
OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/
Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib"

I have attached the results from running a make distclean right after
running configure.