[MPlayer-users] libdvdnav Questions

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Mon Jul 21 19:13:53 CEST 2008

Ergzay wrote:
> On Jul 21, 2008, at 8:58 AM, Nico Sabbi wrote:

>>> Alot of people, even developers, seem to be very confused and not
>>> entirely sure now after the dvdnav fork...
>>>
>>> DOCS/tech/dvdnav-howto.txt is a start and easy once you discover
>>> its existence, and I hope someone who can write XML puts it in the
>>> main documentation if it isn't already there, and that this gets
>>> mentioned prominently in the Changelog and the Release Notes...
>>>
>>> Remaining questions:
>>>
>>> libmpdvdkit worked with encrypted discs, does forked libdvdnav
>>> and/or libdvdread include what you need for playing back encrypted
>>> discs,
>> no, but...
>>
>>> or do you need to get something more for that, if so what
>>> and from where?
>> the dvdcss in main/ is enough
>
> If you want to use external libdvdnav it disables all three dvd libs,
> including libdvdcss, how do we use them together?

I don't know about your case, but i have a libdvdcss lying around
somewhere in the system and don't use mplayer's at all... so I have
libdvdcss installed, libdvdnav and libdvdread from svn and mplayer, of
course, and ./configure --disable-dvdread-internal, which is all I need
to have it running.

--
cheers,
Alex