[MPlayer-users] Building the mplayer html docs

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Wed Jul 23 15:58:36 CEST 2008

On Wednesday, 23 July 2008 at 07:05, andrew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was prompted recently to rewrite the part of my installation script
> for the svn mplayer that deals with generating the mplayer html docs.
> Mostly because recent makefile changes broke the script :-).
>
> Can I ask how most people go about building the docs? My own method is
> as follows:
>
> +----------------------------
> cd mplayer
>
> ./configure \
>   --prefix=/usr \
>   --mandir=/usr/man \
>   --confdir=/etc/mplayer \
>   --codecsdir=/usr/lib/codecs
>
> cd DOCS/xml
>
>    ./configure
>     make html-single-en
>
> cd ../../
>
> make
> make install DESTDIR=$PKG
> +-------------------------
>
> etc etc for an unusually anally-retentive slackbuild script. So my
> question is:
>
> 1. How do other people do this?

The additional step is only necessary for SVN builds. Releases (as rare
as they are) come with HTML docs pre-built.

> 2. Will this ever be built into the mplayer configure options as
>    something like:
>
>   ./configure --with-htmldocs

It is a nice idea. We might implement it one day. Of course, you could
send a patch and make it happen sooner. ;)

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer http://mplayerhq.hu | Livna http://rpm.livna.org