[MPlayer-users] (!) :):) just a feature question

Jane Morgan beeo at popstar.com
Sun Jul 27 06:37:41 CEST 2008

Thank you incredibly Anton, that worked, and also thank you Reimar for the alternative method! I wasn't aware MPLAYER was so powerful and capable already :))

May I ask, I find when I use this command below Anton, which really works great for me :)), the -subpos command (i.e. positions the font), seems to be overridden!, and rendered useless. Even the R and T keyboard keys which normally move the my OSD-font up and down are not moving the font at all now! :(

Do you see anyway to have my cake and eat it too with this enable ASS rendering method, maybe some sub-switch for, -ass-force-style 'PrimaryColour=&Hxxxxxxxx'? I poured over the docs, specifically under OSD/SUBTITLE OPTIONS -- but nothing jumped out at me about how to re-position align the font, except the usual -subpos XX, which now doesn't work :|

Anton Khirnov wrote:
> It's already possible with libass, just use -ass option to enable ASS
> rendering and --ass-force-style 'PrimaryColour=&Hxxxxxxxx', where
> color is in format AABBGGRR. For example
> mplayer -ass --ass-force-style 'PrimaryColour=&H80FFFFFF' movie.avi
> for half-transparent white subtitles.
>
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 7:04 AM, Jane Morgan <beeo at popstar.com> wrote:
>> I am unfortunately 100% hearing impared, and would like to **PLEASE**, if
>> possible, see sub-titles with a [transparency level 1-100] implemented,
>> so that it may be easier to watch certain movies that may have lots of
>> screen titles

It might be a good idea to request this feature to the frontend people
(SMPlayer, KPlayer, etc.)  If mplayer can do it, the frontends should
provide an easy to configure option for it.

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at www.mail.com