[MPlayer-users] Convert .mp4

Dana Farhat danafarhat at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 16:25:52 CEST 2008

Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to convert videos to .mp4 using mencoder, tried various
and different combinations of commands. And everything runs without any
errors and still the .mp4 output file doesn't play at all in Quicktime.

here are some commands i tried...

mencoder trailer.wmv -o trailer.mp4 -of lavf -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc
-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -lavfopts
i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames

mencoder trailer.wmv -o trailer.mp4 -of mpeg -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc
-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4

mencoder trailer.wmv -o trailer2.mp4 -of lavf -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4 -lavfopts i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames

mencoder trailer.wmv -o trailer2.mp4 -of lavf -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4 -lavfopts i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames

they all result in a corrupt .mp4. Read a lot on the net and read the
documentation couldn't resolve my problem, does anyone know what's going
wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Dana Farhat