[MPlayer-users] mplayer view jpg

ACS adrian.bacon at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 31 17:59:56 CEST 2008

>> haibin zhang wrote:
>> >       When I use the command you mentioned to view a *sequence* of
>> > jpegs,
>> > how do I to set the interval between two jpegs?
>> >

>> mplayer mf://\*.jpg -mf fps=1
>>
>> one second between images
>> -mf fps=0.1 ten and so on :-)
>>
>> Anyway, it is as usual in the manual under -mf
>>
>> Ciao!
>>        mario

2 issues:
-When I use fps=0.1 , mplayer becomes "unresponsive."
It's like key strokes or slave commands are only handled on a frame update,
which might take 10 seconds
A way out might be an extra "repeat option." That way fps=5 (=smooth
control) can be combined with 10 sec slide show delay (repeat=50)
-All content is stretched (either horizontally or vertically) to fill my 4:3
screen.
Instead, I like proper aspect ratio with black bars added on top/bottom or
left/right
I wasn't glad with -noaspect option. Hard to describe what it does, just try
it for yourself

Adrian Bacon