[MPlayer-users] Trying to compile for different CPU.

casty at centolos.com casty at centolos.com
Mon Jun 2 01:23:31 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have an small console linux distro running with pxe, and I'm trying to
build an mplayer for it. The machine is a pentium-mmx and I'm using
mplayer-1.0rc2.

I'm trying to cross-build it from a core 2 duo.

These are my configure options:

--enable-directfb --enable-fbdev (vbe.h was not included and I couldn't
use vesa)

--target=pentium --enable-mmx (Is this how I have to ask for a pentium
build?)

--disable-dvdnav --disable-dvdread (I had several problems with those 3...
--disable-dvdread-internal         ...although I edited netinet/in.h file
--disable-vstream                  ...to avoid them (see 1))

--enable-static (my distro lacked a lot of libs)
--disable-xv --diable-gl     (but all those libs had problems with...
--disable-fontconfig --disable-sdl  ...static linking)

--disable-sse --disable-cmov (I don't understand why do I need this as I
claimed for a pentium build, but they was still marked on config.mak)

Finally it compiled but crashed in the target platform due to an 'illegal
instruction' even with -vo null -ao null so I still left something to do
concerning the CPU, but I don't know what

any advice?

(1)http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2007-October/069869.html