[MPlayer-users] Latest SVN compile problem

Andras Barna andras.barna at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 05:15:38 CEST 2008

thanks for your efforts,
well, the first problem is not gcc related, but still a problem:
configure fails with "Checking for extern symbol prefix ...
./configure: syntax error at line 2278: `sym=$' unexpected" because
/bin/sh, if i change to bash works ok.

if i ./configure --cc=cc --host-cc=cc -- still uses gcc for checks, if
i remove gcc from the PATH,
./configure: line 1503: gcc: command not found
./configure: line 1530: gcc: command not found

It seems that your kernel does not correctly support mmx.
To use mmx extensions in MPlayer, you have to upgrade/recompile your kernel!
Checking for kernel support of mmxext ... failed
It seems that your kernel does not correctly support mmxext.
To use mmxext extensions in MPlayer, you have to upgrade/recompile your kernel!
Checking for kernel support of 3dnow ... failed
It seems that your kernel does not correctly support 3dnow.
To use 3dnow extensions in MPlayer, you have to upgrade/recompile your kernel!
Checking for kernel support of 3dnowext ... failed
It seems that your kernel does not correctly support 3dnowext.
To use 3dnowext extensions in MPlayer, you have to upgrade/recompile
your kernel!
Checking for kernel support of sse ... failed
It seems that your kernel does not correctly support sse.
To use sse extensions in MPlayer, you have to upgrade/recompile your kernel!
Checking for kernel support of cmov ... failed
It seems that your kernel does not correctly support cmov.
To use cmov extensions in MPlayer, you have to upgrade/recompile your kernel!
Checking for mtrr support ... yes
Checking for GCC & CPU optimization abilities ... CPU optimization
disabled. CPU not recognized or your compiler is too old.
error
Checking for extern symbol prefix ...
Error: Symbol mangling check failed.

so i modified (see 1.diff, i know it's not beauty but temporarily is
ok) configure, after these modifications, it works ok, only this
warnings:

"cpuinfo.c", line 130: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
"cpuinfo.c", line 132: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
"cpuinfo.c", line 133: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
"cpuinfo.c", line 137: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"
"cpuinfo.c", line 139: warning: integer overflow detected: op "<<"

attached configure.log too.
about:
cc: Warning: illegal option -march=native
cc: Warning: illegal option -mcpu=native

imho should be: -xtarget=native and -xarch=native

i must edit config.mak too, it had CC=gcc and CXX=g++

and finally gmake log.. many errors.. but it continues the building

thanks