[MPlayer-users] OT Re: Using mplayer with NX

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Fri Jun 6 10:12:05 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 20:07 -0400, Paul wrote:
> <snip>
> >In other words, my WAN environment has become a LAN environment.  As much
> >as possible, I want to keep the data stream local and use NX's great
> >bandwidth and latency reduction capabilities to make it all appear local
> >to the user.
>
> I am unclear if NXClient is running on the same machine as NXServer. Why?
> Are multiple clients to access the Server? Why use SMB?
>
> Paul Yurt
> www.mastermoz.com
> Make the Internet Work for You! MasterMOZ
<snip>
Thanks, Paul.  The NXClient and NXServer usually run on different
systems and, in our case, across a WAN or Internet connection.  Many,
many clients may access the server but they will each see a different
desktop.  SMB is the NX shares local (physical) resources with the
virtual desktop.  They support Linux, Windows and Mac - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation
jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com