[MPlayer-users] MPlayer compile problem with Ubuntu x264-dev package

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Mon Jun 9 14:14:42 CEST 2008

Masaru Nomiya wrote:

> Sorry, I've forgotten to uninstall SUSE's libdvdread packages.
>
> I removed it, and installed libdvdread and libdvdnav;
>
>   libdvdread : revison 1095
>   libdvdnav  : 4.1.2
>
> Is this suitable for building the latest svn?
>
> I coludn't install the svn of libdvdnav (revison : 1095) at all.
>
> To build the svn 27045, I run configure script like this;
>
>   ./configure --enable-gui --libdir=/usr/local/lib64 --enable-xshape
>   --enable-menu --enable-largefiles --language=ja --prefix=/usr/local
>   --disable-dvdread-internal
>
> where ./configure script demands "--disable-dvdread-internal" option.
>
> Is that right?
>
> After this, make command ends;
>
> [...]
> L/usr/lib64 -lfribidi -lz -llzo2 -lmad -lspeex  -ltheora -logg   -ldts -lmpcdec  -lstdc++ -lamrnb -lamrwb -ldv -lxvidcore -lm -lnut -lpthread -ldl -rdynamic -llirc_client -L/usr/local/lib -ldvdnavmini -lpthread  -lm
> mencoder.o: In function `main':
> mencoder.c:(.text+0x31ca): undefined reference to `dvdnav_sid_from_lang'
> mencoder.c:(.text+0x3623): undefined reference to `dvdnav_aid_from_lang'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [mencoder] Error 1
>
> Does this mean, "compile with the svn of libdvdnav"?
It looks like it.

I currently wasn't able to compile a fresh checkout from libdvdnav
myself, as there's a lot of reworking done at the moment.

On my system, for watching something, I use an older version of dvdnav,
i.e. r997

simply use

svn co -r 997

to check out this version of dvdnav, and it should be fine; still, there
could be something in mplayer as well which demands a newer version, but
I didn't check out a more recent version in the last two weeks, so
unfortunately I don't know...

--
cheers,
Alex