[MPlayer-users] OT Re: Using mplayer with NX

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 19:26:11 CEST 2008

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 13:01:02 -0400
"John A. Sullivan III" <jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com> wrote:

> Any continued thoughts about capturing video input for a thin client
> solution would be greatly appreciated.  I should be able to spend a
> considerable amount of time on this issue this week

Despite following this discussion, I still fail to see what the
difficulty/confusion is.

It seems pretty straightforward to have MPlayer installed and run on the
thin-client, outputting to the local display.

Transferring the raw camera data over the network to the server, then
uncompressed video over NX, then BACK to the client again, would be
incredibly bandwidth intensive, and doesn't appear to give you anything.