[MPlayer-users] possible race condition in audio processing

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Jun 12 13:00:09 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 11:54:19AM +0200, trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> This is probably way more info than needed, but its been my experience
> that letting others filter what is unimportant is better than having
> them request info later on.

You missed the part that is explicitly requested for all bug reports:
The full MPlayer output.
In addition you should try different aos and compare, for example
pulseaudio IMO is still a bugfest and this kind of problem can come from
anywhere.
-ao oss often has some problems due to it usually being emulated in the
kernel via ALSA, and that emulation seems to progressively degrade in
quality.
IMO try at least -ao alsa, -ao oss and -ao sdl. Trying -ao pcm might be
a good idea as well, but more effort.
Also try different settings for -cache.

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger