[MPlayer-users] encoding speed of x264 major change

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 23:20:19 CEST 2008

Alexander Roalter pisze:

> Ok, checked again.

> in x264-configure I found the following:
> a) my yasm version is rather old, updating, since my suse doesn't have a
> more recent version.
> b) configure incorrectly checks for pic option prior to version 0.6.0
> only on X86, but not on X86_64 (but this doesn't really belong on this
> list).

YASM that is in Ubuntu repos forst of all don't work with
testinstruction that are used to test it:

#> label or instruction expected at start of line

And second it don't recognize "-O2" optimization options

So it's no good.

You must download YASM sources (most recent now aside of SVN is 0.7.1)
and compile - it's fast and easy in comparision to  MPlayer compilation
(it needs "xmlto" that isn't as a standard in Ubuntu but it is in repos).

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/