[MPlayer-users] Tearing problems - waiting for vsync doesn't work with vo_xv

Haakon Riiser haakon.riiser at netview.no
Sat Jun 14 23:47:17 CEST 2008

[Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski]

> On Saturday, 14 June 2008 at 12:04, Haakon Riiser wrote:
> > [...]
> > Can anyone else confirm the tearing problem in the above clip?
> > "mplayer -vo xv tearing.avi" should show it.
>
> If you use a real video overlay (NV05 Video Blitter) instead of
> emulated one (NV17 Video Texture) then there's no tearing.
> Check xvinfo to find out which port to use.

Here's my xvinfo output:

  $ xvinfo | egrep '(Adaptor|port base)'
    Adaptor #0: "NV17 Video Texture"
      port base: 355
    Adaptor #1: "NV05 Video Blitter"
      port base: 387

I tried both ports explicitly, using

  $ mplayer -vo xv:port=355 tearing.avi

for the NV17 Video Texture port and

  $ mplayer -vo xv:port=387 tearing.avi

for the NV05 Video Blitter.  Both have the same problem with
tearing artifacts.  What am I doing wrong?

--
 Haakon