[MPlayer-users] Tearing problems - waiting for vsync doesn't work with vo_xv

Haakon Riiser haakon.riiser at netview.no
Sun Jun 15 23:42:27 CEST 2008

[Justin Randall]

> Haakon Riiser wrote:
> > Which output drivers are you using, btw?  Nvidia's drivers
> > implement the xv accelerated video output, so it sounds a little
> > strange when you refer to xv as if it were in opposition to using
> > Nvidia's drivers. :-)
> >

> I believe it's just called 'nvidia' in my xorg.conf file.  When I look
> at what mplayer is using, it is -vo gl (must be OpenGL?)  Anyway, that
> should solve your problem if your graphics card supports OpenGL
> rendering.  -vo gl

-vo gl failed horribly when composite was enabled:  lots of
garbage displayed on the screen, and a non-responsive mplayer
that would've forced me to switch to the text console to kill
some processes if it hadn't died by itself after a while.  -vo gl
works fine now though, with composite disabled.

The fact that opengl failed with composite enabled is also something
of a mystery, by the way, since I am using other opengl applications
that have no problems with it.

--
 Haakon