[MPlayer-users] Tearing problems - waiting for vsync doesn't work with vo_xv

Haakon Riiser haakon.riiser at netview.no
Mon Jun 16 00:02:14 CEST 2008

[Justin Randall]

> Interesting.  I don't appear to have the problem, and compositing is
> enabled for me.  I'm sorry to not be much help on this, but I am not
> sure what is going wrong.  If it helps I'm using Compiz Fusion from the
> ubuntu 8.04 repos, and mplayer compiled from svn version rev 26924 from

Don't worry about it -- as far as I'm concerned, the problem has
been solved.  I don't need the composite extension, so it's no
problem for me that I have to disable it.  I just mention the
issues I've seen so that there will be a case history when/if
someone else runs into the same problems.

--
 Haakon