[MPlayer-users] Variable FPS to Fixed FPS

Valeriu Palos valeriu at palos.ro
Sun Jun 22 07:36:56 CEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 22:28 +0200, Krzysztof Duchnowski wrote:
> Valeriu Palos pisze:
>
> > So then what should I do? Is there another way of doing this so as to
> > keep "-noskip" while still making the while thing work properly?
>
> try "-vf-add harddup"

I think you're right. I changed my script to use "-ofps $fps -vf
pullup,softskip,harddup" and I've encoded two WMV's I have at home with
it. It looked perfect even when I pushed it to "-ofps 4"!

But I still have to try this with a WMV I have at the office that proved
to be the "nemesis" of this whole thing. I've got pretty bad results
with this "nemesis" when using very low fps values (like the "-ofps 4"
above).

I will try this first thing on Monday morning and post some feedback
here.

Thanks for your help, guys!