[MPlayer-users] 5.1 OGG audio mapping to wrong channels?

Phil pwsjr1 at charter.net
Sat Mar 1 21:08:11 CET 2008

After demuxing a DVD, the original source AC3 file plays perfectly in
MPlayer. However, after encoding the AC3 to OGG Vorbis, the channels
aren't output correctly in MPlayer.

MPlayer puts the center-channel audio in only the right channel and the
others aren't mapped out quite right either (I can't tell exactly what's
gone where). Best I can do using the channels=x:y options is to keep the
center-channel audio only in the right channel. Worst case, it
disappears completely.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? The OGG files play properly
in VLC, MPC & foobar2000 (all on Windows Vista), so the encoding doesn't
seem to be at fault. Several dozen Matroska files with 5.1 Vorbis audio
all exhibit this same behavior in MPlayer, even though they are fine in
those other players. 2.0 channel Vorbis plays perfectly in MPlayer.