[MPlayer-users] Some issues in FLV encoding

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 2 00:18:11 CET 2008

Alexander Bokovikov wrote:

> John Brown wrote:
>
>> You can download my MEncoder binary at:
>> http://download.yousendit.com/37C2D39D4E615431
>
> Did you compile it by your hands?

Yes.

> If yes, then could I ask you to create a
> build of MPlayer, which would not create a "mplayer" subdirectory
> automatically? Or is there any option to bypass the directory creation? The
> directory, where MPlayer is located, may be readonly, so I don't know, what
> will happen in this case.

The directory is created automatically, as far as I can see. However, you can
control where it is created by setting the environment variable HOME.
I think MPLAYER_HOME also works. "set HOME=%USERPROFILE%" should be
safe, since you are certain to have write permission there, but you can set it
to whatever you like.

Whatever you do, the directory must exist, because that is where MPlayer
looks for its OSD font, GUI skins, config file,etc.