[MPlayer-users] MEncoder segmentation fault with yadif and mcdeint

dandjo at gmx.at dandjo at gmx.at
Mon Mar 3 02:01:03 CET 2008

dandjo at gmx.at wrote:

> Evgeniy Stepanov wrote:
>
>  > dandjo at gmx.at wrote:
>  >
>  >  > Guillaume wrote:
>  >  >
>  >  > >Hello,
>  >  > >
>  >  > >dandjo at gmx.at wrote:
>  >  > >>
>  >  > >>Hi,
>  >  > >>
>  >  > >>I get segmentation faults with -vf yadif=3,mdeint=2 and also with -vf
>  >  > >>yadif=3:1,mcdeint=2:1:10 and all possible variations with the latest trunk
>  >  > >>from subversion. Is this due to my configuration (Mac OS X 10.5.2, x264,
>  >  > >>faac, freetype, fontconfig) or a known issue?
>  >  > >
>  >  > >I don't think so. Please submit a full bug report with a gdb
>  >  > >backtrace, as explained here:
>  >  > >http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html
>  >  > >
>  >  > >Guillaume
>  >  >
>  >  > Hi, here's my bugreport. I hope it is complete enough.
>  >  >
>  >  >[ ... ]
>  >
>  >  The same happens on c2d e6550 with gcc 4.2.3 (20071023), ubuntu gutsy.
>
>  I found out, that the problem also exists when only using mcdeint.
>  Seems to be a problem in implementation of mcdeint. All other
>  deinterlacers work fine so far. Too bad, because I would need a motion
>  compensation deinterlacer above the rest.

Folks, the problem was banal but hard to find. The movie I tried to
encode started with broken frames. That's why mcdeint failed to get
reference fields. I think it would be a good idea to implement an
option that checks for broken frames and/or skips them. That would
have solved my problem from scratch. Anyway, thanks for your help!