[MPlayer-users] Segfaults since x264 tarball 20080302

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Mar 3 02:22:36 CET 2008

dandjo at gmx.at wrote:

> Hi together,
>
> the latest x264 trunk from subversion (tarball
> x264-snapshot-20080302-2245.tar.bz2) causes segmentation faults with
> MEncoder trunk in every aspect. The x264 trunk from yesterday
> (tarball x264-snapshot-20080301-2245.tar.bz2) works fine. This is for
> the x264 guys and maybe this is the wrong place to post this
> information, but I think it's quite informative for everyone who
> encounters problems with the latest trunks from both MEncoder and
> x264.

Bug reports on x264 should go to that project, and as far as I know none
of the x264 devs read the MPlayer mailing list.

This is, however, the correct place for bug reports on MPlayer and
MEncoder, and the fact that MPlayer crashes under any circumstances is
normally considered a bug - but what you have posted contains virtually
no useful information about the crash, and so is in no way a proper bug
report. Please read DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html (if it isn't there,
first read DOCS/xml/README) and follow the directions in the "Crashes"
section.

--
    The Wanderer

    My usual .sig is on vacation while I adjust to my new computer