[MPlayer-users] mplayer svn compile fails w/ icc 10.1

Sam Logen starz909 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 3 14:03:46 CET 2008

--- Zuxy Meng <zuxy.meng at gmail.com> wrote:

> This shouldn't have anything to do with Reimar's
> patch. Please refer to your configure.log to see
> what exactly caused mmxext detection to fail.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.  One
downside of using gentoo is that much of the configure
steps are transparent, and it's easy to forget to
check ebuild scripts for problems.  In this case the
mplayer svn ebuild script came from a 3rd party, and
they had some very convoluted logic in enabling
3dnowext and mmxext, which resulted in neither being
possible to enable.

I'm recompiling it now, and if I get similar trouble
I'll be sure to mention it.

Thanks,
Sam