[MPlayer-users] A question about patented codecs

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 02:13:53 CET 2008

If all you are doing is providing the URL's to the
codecs, and not putting them on a CD or an RPM and
distributing them, then there is no problem.
If your service consists of merely a bunch of steps
to take BY THE CUSTOERM in order to install the
necessary software and codecs, then you are not doing
anything illegal.

Cheers,

JD