[MPlayer-users] A question about patented codecs

Jing Min Zhao zhaojingmin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 06:01:26 CET 2008

Phil,

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Pre-installed Windows machines also lack support of some codecs.
Fortunately, we have the almighty MPlayer. I'm still not clear about the big
companies' attitude to MPlayer, but I think they should at least tolerate.
It gives every codec owner equal chance not being eliminated from client
side.

Best rgds,

Jing Min Zhao