[MPlayer-users] Dvb-t in Norway: audio works, video is wrong

Steven Ellis lists at stevencherie.net
Tue Mar 11 04:20:58 CET 2008

On Tue, March 11, 2008 13:37, Øyvind Ottestad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I live in Norway and have recorded a clip from my dvb-t card and uploaded
> it
> to ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/: dvbtnorway_1.ts. The audio
> works perfectly, while the picture lags behind the sound, when playing the
> clip with the March 10th checkout.
>
> Are there any options I can use in mplayer to make the picture sync with
> the
> sound?

Looks like the file has already been moved as I couldn't grab it to
compare with my NZ captures.

Is this an interlaced stream in 576i or 1080i? You might be having the
same problems as we have with the NZ transmissions. At present the ffmpeg
H.264 decoder doesn't deal to well with the interlaced encoding we are
using.

Steve