[MPlayer-users] MPlayer & ssh.....

John Stebbins stebbins at jetheaddev.com
Wed Mar 12 16:23:11 CET 2008

This will hammer the network because the uncompressed video will be
traversing it over the X protocol.
But if your remote computer is on a good fast wired network, it works.

ssh -XY <host> /path/to/mplayer -vo x11 tv:// ...

Otherwise, I think you need to look for some software that can stream
you webcam over the net.
I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions for this.  Never done it myself.