[MPlayer-users] Corruption after using -ovc copy

Haakon Riiser haakon.riiser at fys.uio.no
Thu Mar 13 11:05:22 CET 2008

When cutting parts of a video stream using

  -ss <pos> -endpos <x> -ovc copy

I often get corruption, as if some P- or B-frames were played
without the proper reference frames in the buffer.  I would expect
this if -ss allowed me to seek to an arbitrary frame in the stream,
but that's not the case at all.  The positions that are seekable
using -ss are often far apart, so I'm guessing -ss only seeks to
I-frames.

If that's the case, why doesn't -ovc copy produce perfect results
every time?

--
 Haakon