[MPlayer-users] Corruption after using -ovc copy

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Mar 13 11:31:04 CET 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:24:44AM +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> On Thursday 13 March 2008 11:20:08 Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > You will have to use -mc 0 -noskip or something like that, without
> > those it's no wonder it looks like some reference frames are
> > missing, because they probably are...
>
> mencoder should at the very least avoid skipping keyframes
> (IIRC where demuxer->video->flags & 1)

What makes you think this will be set correctly with -ovc copy?
Also that still seems very unlikely to me to be what most people
want when they use -ovc copy, so what is really the point of adding such
a hack?
And lastly, such a change would break the only case where -ovc copy
_can_ work perfectly, namely all-keyframe video (e.g. MJPEG).