[MPlayer-users] Corruption after using -ovc copy

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Mar 13 14:36:08 CET 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 12:41:36PM +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> On Thursday 13 March 2008 12:24:22 Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> > > it wouldn't fix -ovc  copy but it would permit a quicker recovery
> > > during playback (think of encodes with 600 frames GOPS that
> > > are default in x264)
> >
> > Then you are probably speaking of -hardframedrop with MPlayer, not
> > mencoder? That one probably needs a lot of work anyway to work
> > well, not to mention the patch to make it work at all with
> > -correct-pts, which I did not yet apply.
>
> no, I'm speaking about mencoder (-ovc copy implies mencoder)

Then I really don't see the point of it, getting -ovc copy from
something like "completely broken" to "almost completely broken"
does not seem like it is worth any effort to me.
Some people may have a use for this, but I think they would be served
much better by a special application, that possibly also takes much more
codec-specific stuff into account.